Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chucky Is Drawing Near

Well our annual gravel grinder is getting closer, we will have the final route dialed in shortly and I will post that to the blog in the next few weeks.  Mark your calendar for Saturday Feb 2, 2013 and get ready for some gravel goodness on your bike of choice.

I was really curious about the origin of a groundhog, the dictionary gave a standard description of the animal that we are all familiar with and was pretty basic.  I however found out that the word originated in its basic form from the Greek language and oddly enough was in reference to one or two wheel transport.  WOW, and in that time period all travel was conducted on rocky and dirt trails and or roads.  I was absolutely amazed by this...well I would have been if were true but I just made that up.  I might have been lying about that but I'm not lying when I say that you should come join the GHTA faithful on Saturday Feb 2, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. in historic downtown Jamesport, MO for our annual Chucky's Challenge.  Good thing this ride isn't on April 1st, we would be fools to have it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment